Feng Shui Color Calculator
What do you do with the Kua number information? You can find out your lucky feng shui directions and then do some re-arranging at home and at the office for better health and more success coming your way! It is very easy to determine your Kua Number.
First, be sure to check your year of birth according to the Chinese calendar.
Calculate Your Kua Number.
Before we do that, pay attention to 2 things:
- The Kua number calculations for a female are different than the Kua number calculations for a male.
- For those born after the year 2000, the Kua number calculations are slightly different.
KUA NUMBER FOR A FEMALE (born before the year 2000):
- Add the last two numbers of your year of birth and bring it to a single digit.
- Add your single digit to number 5. (Bring this number to a single digit, too, if needed.)
- This is your Kua Number!
NOTE: For a female born after the year 2000, add 6 instead of 5.
KUA NUMBER FOR A MALE (born before the year 2000):
- Deduct your single digit from number 10.
NOTE: For a male born after the year 2000, deduct from 9 instead of 10.
(Important: A male born in 2009 and 2018 will have the Kua Number 9.)
Kua number calculations for a female born in 1998:
- Add the last two digits of the year of birth: 9 + 8 = 17.
- Bring it to a single digit number: 1 + 7 = 8.
- Add number 5 to the single digit number: 5 + 8 = 13.
- Bring it to a single digit: 1 + 3 = 4.
A female born in 1998 has the Kua number 4.
Kua number calculations for a male born in 1965:
- Add the last two digits of the year of birth: 6 + 5 = 11.
- Bring it to a single digit number: 1 + 1 = 2.
- Deduct your single digit number from number 10 => 10 - 2 = 8.
A male born in 1965 has the Kua number 8.
Additional Feng Shui Information
In classical feng shui, you are either an East or a West group person. Once you know your Kua number, you can easily find out your feng shui group, here it is:
- EAST Group: Kua Number 1, Kua Number 3, Kua Number 4, Kua Number 9
- WEST Group: Kua Number 2, Kua Number 5, Kua Number 6, Kua Number 7, Kua Number 8.
Now you can find your lucky directions and use this info to improve the feng shui of your home or office. You can position your bed so that it faces one of your best directions, as well as re-arrange your office so that your desk is facing a lucky direction. And, if you are looking to buy a new house, see if the direction of the front door is good for you!