How to Cleanse Feng Shui Items?
As feng shui is all about good energy (Sheng Chi), it is important to know how to keep your feng shui cures active and full of energy. Of course, it goes without saying that you also have to keep the energy of your home (or office) fresh and clear, too!
In case of any space, be it home or office, it is advised to do regular space clearing sessions, be it weekly, monthly, or whenever you experience negative events in your home.
Here are 3 important factors to consider:
- You should also cleanse and energize a feng shui cure before using it for the first time.
- If you feel like your feng shui cure has lost its energy or has accumulated a lot of negativity, it is always a good idea to clear it as soon as you feel it needs cleansing.
Start with the obvious cleansing of the physical surface of your feng shui cure, such as removing dust, polishing, etc.
Next, clear your feng shui cure on an energy level; here you can experiment with several different ways.
You can choose one (or all) of the methods below:
- Leave your cure in the moonlight or sunlight (depending on the energy it most needs - yin or yang.) If this method does not appeal to you, use the moon or sun energy to charge water to cleanse your cure. This basically means you leave a container with water under moonlight and/or sunlight for at least 24 hours (best 72 hrs), and then you use this water to clear the energy of your feng shui cure.
- Smudging around your cure with sage or good quality incense then leaving it on a candle lit home altar for at least 6-9 hours will also purify its energy.
Because there is such a wide variety of feng shui cures, there will also be a variety of ways to clear their energy; here are some examples to make it easier for you.
Specific Methods for Various Feng Shui Cures
- For feng shui cures made from crystals and stones (actual crystals or statues/items made from stones) you can use all of the methods above - sun, moon, sage, or incense and candles or salt. You can also bury your crystal or items made form crystals in salt for 3 days for a deep cleansing effect.
- For feng shui cures made of brass, iron, silver, etc (various statues and items such as Chinese coins, wind chimes, etc) the best methods are sun or moon water, as well as sage or incense and candles/fire energy.
- (aquarium) will benefit from the sage and incense (space clearing techniques), as well as from moving them to a new location for at least several days to refresh their energy.
- such as tall lights, specific feng shui art, wooden sculptures, etc the space clearing steps (smudging & incense) are the best, as well as moving them temporarily to a new location.
- The 3 days period (72 hrs) is the typical time one would use to allow for the cleansing of a feng shui cure; you can also use the 7 days period (168 hrs) if needed.
- Another detail that is often taken into consideration is the moon cycle. Usually cleansing is best done when the moon is waning (the time between the full and the new moon).
- Start the process of cleansing your feng shui cures when the energy of the day is at its highest peak (11AM to 1PM). Never start the cleansing process at night.