Feng Shui for Luck and Money
How to have good luck with feng shui is easy when you understand some of the basic feng shui principles. This ancient artform is renowned for improving people's lives and while it's associated with bringing good luck into your life, it's also a lifestyle that literally can change the way you see the world.
How to Have Good Luck
There are many things you can do in feng shui to increase your opportunities and attract positive chi into your life. Many people term this as having good luck. Your belief system will dictate whether or not you think auspicious elements can create good luck or are in fact lucky.
Feng Shui and Good Luck
The art of feng shui is more than just a philosophy or an ideology based on superstitions. The form is not without its share of superstitions, but if you examine these closely, you soon realize that what's become an accepted form of superstition actually has a logical reason guiding it. It may have become obscured with the practice of feng shui and the acceptance of remedies and cures, but if you dig deep enough you can find that kernel of reasoning.
First Things First
It doesn't matter how many remedies or cures you employ, if your home doesn't adhere to the very basic principles of feng shui, the chi energy simply won't flow through your home.
Simple feng shui musts:
- Clean floors, windows and furniture
- Manicure your yard
- Organize closets and drawers
- Remove cobwebs
- Repair any leaky plumbing
- Wash piles of clothes or dishes
Once you've accomplished the feng shui basics, you're ready to tackle the goal of creating good luck.
Auspicious Elements for Good Luck
Auspicious elements in feng shui often revolve around trinkets and knickknacks, where once more the symbols have obscured the true meaning. For example, animals are considered quite auspicious with varying intents of what they bring to you. At one point in time, there was a legend or myth surrounding the creature that over centuries became enmeshed with the culture and feng shui principles. Many times all you need to add to a room is an element such as metal or wood and it could take any form such as furniture or a lamp, instead of a metal rooster or a wood carving of a mandarin duck.
The key to creating the circumstances that bring good luck is knowing what needs to be fixed. While this sounds simple enough, tracking down the root of an inauspicious element or placement can take experience and sometimes, a little luck.
Depending on the school of feng shui that you practice, you can do a quick analysis of your home and ascertain where each of your beneficial sectors are in your home. You can add elements and symbols in this area to attract positive chi energy. For example, if you want to create more job opportunities, then locate the career sector of your home and place three metal Chinese coins tied with a red ribbon. Preferably, you want coins from a positive and prosperous time period. If you're seeking a promotion or need support in your career, place a picture of a mountain behind your chair where you work.
If you want to improve your marriage, then activate your relationship and marriage sector with rose quartz or a pair of mandarin ducks, but be certain you use the correct element for that sector. You don't want to place wood ducks in your northern sector or metal in your southern sector. Remember, the element is the most important aspect of any remedy or cure.
Traditional Good Luck Symbols
If you wish to include some traditional good luck symbols in your décor, then you have quite an array from which to choose. Most of these symbols can be found in statue form or as paintings or drawings. Be careful when selecting which symbols to add to your home since the last thing you want your home to look like is a feng shui shop. Going overboard with symobls creates nothing more than clutter. So avoid this common mistake feng shui beginners often make.
Most popular good luck symbols:
- Crane: A long life is ensured when this cherished symbol is placed in your home.
- Dragon: This clever yang symbol may bring excellent career luck.
- Fu dogs: These Imperial Guardians are actually stylized lions and will serve as guardians over your home and wealth.
- Gold ingot: This brings luck and wealth, especially if you place gold ingots on a model ship in your wealth corner.
- Lucky bamboo: A great way to attract money and wealth is to place a lucky bamboo plant at the front entrance of your home or the wealth sector.
- Money tree: An obvious choice for attracting money is the use of a money tree in your wealth corner.
- Multi-faceted crystals: Crystals are suspended in front of poison arrows that adversely affect your luck.
- Mystic knot: This is often used when you have charms or other items like three coins tied together with red ribbon. The mystic knot is advantageously used as the hanger.
- Red lanterns: Suspend a few red lanterns around your bed, especially if you're newlywed to ensure good luck in marriage.
- Three-legged toad: The three legged toad is a protector of wealth and also attracts great abundance into your life.
- Turtle dragon: This icon is the harbinger of great luck and tremendous wealth.
Making It Work
Whatever symbols you decide to use, try to purchase ones that are made out of the element you need to bring good luck to the sector you need to activate. Don't overdo it. Remember that feng shui is all about the balancing of energies, so keep your interior uncluttered.