New Year Feng Shui Rituals
Celebrate the Chinese New Year -called Guo-Nian- with fun festivities by welcoming a fresh start with these New Years good luck tips. Use these tips to help you to make it an even more auspicious time.
Tips to Ring In a Lucky New Year
For thousands of years, the Chinese New Year celebration has marked the beginning of a fresh new start as the year begins. With the new beginning, the special day signifies the welcoming of year-round happiness, prosperity, good health, and a long life. The following tips for celebrating the Chinese New Year will attract good luck into your home and bring increased harmony and balance into your life.
Clean and Cleanse Your Home or Office Space
It is important to thoroughly clean your home, or office, several days before New Year's day arrives. This will cleanse your space of all ill fortune and negative energy that accumulated during the past year.
Never do any housecleaning during the first day of the Chinese New Year celebration. It is believed any cleaning on that day will sweep away all of the good luck that just arrived with the New Year. Generally, it is best to avoid any housecleaning for the first few days of the new year. Perform a ceremony known as the Qi Cleansing Ritual. This space-clearing ceremony removes all of the stale and negative energy from your home or office, replacing it with positive energy. The auspicious chi that fills your space begins your new year filled with positive feelings and ensures a fresh start with good luck and prosperity. To perform the Qi Cleansing Ritual:
- Stand in the center of a room, your home, or workspace.
- Completely clear your mind of all thoughts.
- End the ceremony by lighting sandalwood incense in the space where you performed the ceremony and several other areas throughout your home.
Share Meals With Loved Ones
- On Chinese New Year's Eve, enjoy a dinner with your family as a symbol of the closeness and intimacy you share. After dinner, herald in the New Year with your family.
- Keep a bowl filled with mandarin oranges on your table and offer them to every person that comes into your home during the New Year's celebration. Mandarin oranges are a symbol of prosperity, good fortune and longevity.
- On New Year's Day visit close relatives and have a meal together, enjoying foods that symbolize happiness and wealth. Give your teenagers and children ang-pows, which are small red packets filled with coins.
- During the following days of the New Year's celebration, visit friends and enjoy each other's company and your favorite foods.
More New Years Good Luck Tips
- Greet members of your family, your friends and other guests by saying in a strong and friendly voice "Gong Xi Fa Chai!" which translated means, "Have a happy and prosperous new year"
- On New Year's Day do not reprimand your children. It is a day of auspicious celebration and is meant to be enjoyed by everyone.
- Giving a gift of Chinese coins tied together with red ribbon or thread is very auspicious.
- Wear red to celebrate and welcome the New Year. If you don't want to wear a red outfit, use red accessories. Red is a happy color that brings the person wearing it a bright and sunny future
- Place all sharp cutting implements, such as scissors, knives and razor blades out of sight. These items can quickly shred a person's luck into many pieces and are considered very unlucky for the Chinese New Year.
- Paying off all of your bills and debts is an auspicious and positive thing to do as it shows you are tying up past issues and problems. If you cannot pay off your bills and debts completely, make a payment to each one as a symbol of positive action.
- If you are single, on the last day of the New Year's celebration -called Chap Goh Mei- go to a river, lake or ocean and throw in fruit as a way of attracting a good spouse. With each piece of fruit you throw into the water, make a wish and ask for the perfect love match. In China, women toss oranges into the water and men throw in apples.
Make Your Own Luck
Following New Years good luck tips adds to the fun festivities and joyous times of this auspicious Chinese holiday celebration. Even if you can't enact every tip here, carrying out a few is bound to improve your life and your outlook, and that's a way of making your own luck.where to find company utr who teaching staff what product sells the most on amazon when project runway season 20 where technology is headed who project proposal format why solutions are so important for us where boxing equipment where to learn system design why products fail how much managers check bpi where can i buy a roadmap saline solution where to buy how company equity works whose project is tplex where business model is created and defined where is waste management from why teaching abstinence doesn't work what business to start in 2022 how project management improves an organization s success teaching where it matters when solution of ni2 and nh3 combine which project cars game is the best where to manage amazon credit card how much product to use in hair how far does a gps tracker work when london stock market open how many science regents are required to graduate when device a has a cable where to project x where is roadmap in jira how much solution to drink for colonoscopy whom synonyms and antonyms roadmap when can you stay overnight where is tottenham manager from what equipment is needed for a youtube channel why device is not compatible whose science is it anyway what science is taught in 8th grade where is solution explorer in visual studio how startup valuation works how much business license cost where is development house in nairobi how much business analyst salary how solution priority number is calculated why business major essay who system classification where project youngin from where technology is going where is gretchen from project runway where to visit from london how much business permit when technology pushes the boundaries of art how much solution to drink for colonoscopy what tech jobs pay the most how much london eye cost how much technology is used daily how much product to bring to a craft show where to set up an ira how many design patterns are there in java how many manager in a company why roadmap is important which solutions are strong acids what tech jobs are in demand how much start up money small business why system ui isn't responding what teaching subject pays the most where to make road map which product is made from a renewable resource where product key windows 10 how many entrepreneurs have adhd how many entrepreneurs have a college degree where to learn system design whose company is range rover how products are manufactured how management is an intangible force why system ui isn't responding which company was responsible for love canal which technology hides the existence of data where is cheese product from where to business name registration startup where to watch which product is required to be sterile quizlet how much teaching assistants get paid how many manufacturing jobs in the us how many teaching days in a school year which equipment is required for a cft who owns defi solutions where business administration can work why project managers are important who solution focused brief therapy how far london to spain where is primitive technology from where to buy solutions what teaching subject pays the most who devised the contract with america who set up only fans when company is coming project where design whom is he teaching english passive which development led to the other three how much product to bring to a trade show how development can be achieved in the philippines what start up business how company mergers work when science found god who company owns most funeral homes why startups fail pdf how far phone from apple watch how many manager does bts have who am i science worksheet why science of reading how many teaching jobs should i apply for how much phone 11 what design is on each oreo where business logic in mvc pattern startup where to watch how many technology are there